By: Clodagh McKenna
- 100g aged Dubliner cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 potatoes, peel, steamed and mashed
- 1 dtsp flat parsley, finely chopped
- 1 dtsp Dijon mustard
- 50g porridge oats
- 50g fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the mashed potato, mustard, chopped flat parsley, and cheese into a large bowl and mix well together.
2. Scoop the mixture using a dessertspoon and form balls the size of a table tennis ball and lay them once shaped on a tray.
3. Using a pastry brush, gloss the croquettes with the beaten egg.
4. Scatter the fine bread and oat crumbs on a large plate and one by one gently roll the croquettes in the crumbs.
5. Fry the croquettes in a frying pan with hot oil, turn once golden or alternatively bake in a pre-heated oven at 200oC for 15 minutes. Serve with spiced aioli.Previous Recipe Next Recipe