By: Clodagh McKenna
- 1 baby Gubbeen cheese (approx 470g) or your favourite semi-soft cheese)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180oC/325oF/Gas 3.
2. Cut the cheese in half, horizontally, to make two rounds. Sprinkle the fresh thyme, crushed garlic and freshly ground black pepper on the bottom half of the cheese and then place the other cheese round back on top.
3. Place the cheese in the center of a large piece of tin foil. Wrap the foil up around the cheese, and form a steam vent on top.
4. Place the cheese on a baking tray and into the pre-heated oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is soft and runny.
5. Remove from the oven and serve with pieces of chunky bread to scoop up the delicious warm and runny cheese.Previous Recipe Next Recipe