By: Donal Skehan
Takes: 10 minutes Serves: 2
- 100g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 6 sage leaves, thinly sliced
- 6 large free range eggs
- 50g young buck, crumbled
- 25g rocket leaves, to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt 50g butter in the pan with the olive oil , once bubbling, add the walnuts and sage leaves, toss to toast and coat in the butter. Set aside the browned butter in a small bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl, season.
3. Add the remaining 25g butter to the pan, once foaming pour half the egg mixture into the pan. Using a spatula, pull the edges of the omelette towards the centre, the liquid egg should run to the outside. Cook for a few minutes, there should be no runny egg but still be soft.
4. Crumble the cheese over one half and then fold the other half on top of this.
5. Nudge the omelette gently off the pan onto a warm plate, drizzle with the brown butter and garnish with rocket.