By: Donal Skehan
- 250g digestive biscuits, blitzed to a fine crumb
- 100g butter, melted
- 500g cream cheese
- 100g sour cream
- 150g ricotta
- 175g caster sugar
- 3 large free range eggs, 1 egg yolk
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla vanilla bean paste
- 500g fresh blueberries
- Juice of ½ lemon juice
- 75g granulated sugar
1. Place all the ingredients for the topping in a small saucepan over a medium heat and gently simmer for 5 minutes or until the fruit begins to break down. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely before spreading on cheesecake.
2. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin with parchment paper on the base and sides.
3. Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter until completely mixed through. Press this mixture into the base of the cake tin. Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream, ricotta and sugar until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs one at a time until completely incorporated. Fold through the egg yolk, vanilla bean paste and lemon zest.
5. Pour the filling over the biscuit crumb base and smooth off the top.
6. Place the cheesecake in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Turn off the heat and allow to cool in the oven.
8. Once the cheesecake has cooled completely and you are ready to serve, pour over the cooked blueberries. Serve in generous slices.Next Recipe