By: Cheese Your Way
Takes: 15 minutes Serves: 2
- A good handful spaghetti (enough for 2 people)
- 1 packet of pancetta/bacon or
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- 30g Parmesan or Irish cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
1. For the pasta place it into boiling salted water for 7 minutes.
2. That gives you 7 minutes to prep and get ready for when it's cooked.
3. Dice up the pancetta or guanciale into lardons and fry them in a medium to hot frying pan until crispy.
4. Chuck in a garlic clove. While they are frying crack the egg into a bowl and whisk it.
5. Add in about 30g of grated pecorino to the egg and set aside. Now strain the pasta keeping about a mug full of water back.
6. Add the pasta to the bacon and garlic along with some water. Now turn off the heat completely. Add in a good glug of water.
7. Now add the egg and cheese mix. Fold and mix the egg and cheese mix until it becomes creamy and serve right away.
8. Finish with some more pecorino.Previous Recipe Next Recipe