By: Donal Skehan
- 50g grated cheddar
- 50g Gubbeen cheese, sliced
- 50g grated Coolea Cheese
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Hunzo Hot Sauce, to taste
- 50g ham hock, shredded
- English mustard, to taste
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 slices sourdough
- Butter, softened
1. Heat a griddle or frying pan to a low to medium heat.
2. Grate the cheese on the large side of a box grater and toss together with the spring onions.
3. Mix together the mayonnaise and hot sauce in a small bowl.
4. Mix together the ham hock with a little English mustard.
5. Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread and spread the mayonnaise mix on the other.
6. Top the buttered side of the bread slices with the grated cheese mix and ham hock. Layer the Gubbeen on and top with the other slice of bread and press down.
7. Put them on the grill pan and cook for 4 minutes on either side.Previous Recipe Next Recipe