By: Donal Skehan
Takes: 50 mins Serves: 4
- 300g gingernut biscuits, blitzed to a fine crumb
- 150g butter, melted
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 250g mascarpone
- 100ml cream
- 100ml honey
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 50g plain flour, sifted
- 3 figs, to serve
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin with parchment paper on the base and sides, set aside on a baking tray.
2. Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter until completely mixed through. Press this mixture into the base of the cake tin. Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the ricotta, mascarpone, cream and all but one tablespoon of honey until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs one at a time until completely incorporated. Followed by the lemon and flour.
4. Pour the filling over the biscuit crumb base and smooth off the top.
5. Place the cheesecake in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Turn off the heat and allow to cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar. Once cooled serve by cutting the figs in half, placing on top of the cheesecake, drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of honey and sprinkle with the flaked almonds, serve.Previous Recipe Next Recipe