By: Donal Skehan
Takes: 15 Serves: 2
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g good quality chorizo, diced
- 25g butter
- 4 eggs. beaten
- 100g vintage cheddar, grated
- 4 tbsp Jalapeno relish
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Small handful fresh coriander leaves
- Hot sauce, to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat one tablespoon of the oil along with the chorizo and toss in the pan for 1-2 minutes until they pick up a little colour, set aside on a plate.
2. Wipe the pan clean and add the remaining tablespoon of oil along with the butter to the pan, once the butter has melted add the eggs. Season. Cook gently, stirring, until just set. This will only take a minute, or less. Set aside.
3. Place tortillas onto the pan and spread over 1 tablespoon of the relish along with a quarter of the chorizo, eggs and cheese onto one half of the tortilla, folding the other half on top. Toast for a minute on each side until golden and the cheese has melted. Repeat with the remaining three tortillas.
4. To serve sprinkle with spring onions, coriander and a drizzle of hot sauce.Previous Recipe Next Recipe