By: Cheese Your Way
- 8 oz. baby spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more to garnish
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 6 oz. taleggio cheese
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the spinach. Cook until just wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain spinach by squeezing out any water, and finely chop.
2. In a large bowl, mix the spinach with the 1 teaspoon of salt, the bread crumbs, parmesan, ricotta, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and the egg until evenly combined. Divide the dough into 14 balls. Working with 1 ball of dough at a time, flatten the ball in the palm of your hand. Add 2 teaspoons of taleggio and wrap the dough around the cheese. Dust each ball with flour and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze dough for 45 minutes.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a pan and add the dumplings. Cook until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
4. Add the butter and sage to the pan and cook. Add the balsamic vinegar and bring it to a boil and reduce the sauce by half, about 8 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the dumplings and garnish with more parmesan.