By: Sofie Skehan
- 125g cold butter cut into cubes
- 125g plain flour
- (Ready made shortcrust pastry works too)
- 200ml cream
- 3 eggs
- 300g Västerbotten cheese, grated
- 200g Strong cheddar cheese, grated
- 100g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- Handful of dill or chives, chopped finely
- 200ml creme fraiche
- 80g caviar
1. Heat the oven to 225C.
2. To make the pastry add the flour and butter together in a bowl and pinch it together with your fingertips trying to not get the butter too warm. When it’s a rough crumble kneed it together to a smooth dough and roll out to fit a 24cm pie dish with a removable base. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime mix the egg and cream together before adding the grated cheese and mix well.
4. When the pie base is ready take it out of the oven and add the filling. Cook in the oven for a further 20 minutes until the filling has firmed up and is golden on top.
5. Let the pie cool slightly before serving. If adding the topping add a dollop of creme fraiche and a tsp of caviar before sprinkling some of the red onion and dill on top each slice.Previous Recipe Next Recipe